Monday, July 21, 2008

Confection Connection...

Coming off quite an emotional weekend, the bf and I went through a dramatic situation which I am not happy to admit was my fault. He is the kind of guy that is very sensible, practical, and really looks at situations logical before emotionally, I on the other hand begin to day dream months and years in advance for things (usually while sitting at work) but they never come out as planned and like our current administration I start the finger pointing to blame on the breakdown of the situation.

I happened to celebrate my 8th annual 21st birthday last week…I’m getting older, I’m fat as a house and I’m working with a group of people that a large majority of them leave a lot to the imagination in the intellectual department, but I digress for my birthday, I had nothing physically planned yet I wanted to spend the evening with my bf with the hopes of us coming up with something magical to do (seriously this was going through my head) long story short he had plans (2 hrs of the evening) I blew a gasket and came to his place still not expecting anything but receiving a cake that for whatever reason shattered my mental image of what I had hoped happened for the day. Looking back the scene was a bit reminiscent of the ending of 16 candles…NO I didn’t awake to my aunt grabbing my tits, NO I didn’t attend a wedding and NO I’m not 16 ugggh but picture the ending is sort of how the bf presented the cake and I basically stomped over what could have been an romantic evening.

As a result, I almost lost someone that means so much to me that I realized what alone in NYC really was and it was scary, and I’m not the type that has had a constant relationship since 4 but with whatever path I am taking I’m slowly but surely starting to gain focus on what truly matters and although I’m kicking and screaming about it, my life is evolving so I reached out, I apologized, I admitted my faults (not first time but not a serial habit) and I laid everything on the line to him and he could have taken this information and thrown it in my face, he could have ignored this plea completely, and many many other negative choices instead he opened his heart, mind and home and welcomed me back with no rules, no boundaries, he just welcomed me back to where we left off…sitting down enjoying a delicious slice of cake together.

No comments:

Recent Music Selections...