Monday, July 31, 2006

A little sunshine goes a long way....

Very uneventful weekend of just hanging around the city, Friday night went to a terribly cute little restaurant in SOHO with my best friend and dessert in the west village and drinks at G where I introduced a guy that asked me out on a date to my friend but he abruptly left...guess he wasn't really feeling apart of the conversation despite our numerous attempts to try and include him. We left G and headed to the village for more drinks and dancing until 4 and I came home and crashed until late afternoon Saturday where I met another friend for dinner and convo which was really nice to be in the company of others again after spending a few weeks mooping around the closet.

The highlight of the weekend was checking out "Little Miss Sunshine" with a friend. Think Royal Tennebaums meets The Griswold family vacation with some very modern updates and you get an idea. At times I found myself laughing as well as well as crying and left feeling that I was given a little ray of sunshine to take away with me. The movie deals with some very serious issues such as suicide and disappointment just to name a few. All the characters are superb and no one shines above the rest, it is something that I highly recommend and look forward to adding to the collection once it arrives on DVD.

In other news, I have wrapped up my 4th book a classic by Hemingway (The Sun Also Rises) although this was a very short read, I was disappointed from start to finish with this novel having never felt a connection to any of the characters and only continuing to read to get to the end. My latest selection is The History of Love and I will be adding a review of this book once completed.

That pretty much wraps up the weekend, I need to head to sleep for what I am sure is going to be a very hot and grueling week ahead.

No comments:

Recent Music Selections...